How are Freedom Champions shaping the future?
The Atlas Experience 2011 will explore this question in depth on 27-28 April 2011 in Dallas, Texas, USA. The Atlas Experience also includes the Annual Sir Antony Fisher International Memorial Awards. Registration opens now.
For three decades, Atlas has connected Freedom Champions from all over the world. These individuals often face challenges in their home countries and travel to Atlas events to meet with other remarkable free-market advocates facing similar trials in their respective parts of the world. Atlas provides a window for Freedom Champions in developing nations to forge new directions in the global movement for liberty.
To continue this story, Atlas invites you to The Atlas Experience. More than a conference, The Atlas Experience provides a unique opportunity for people to meet in a casual and fun environment, and create genuine and lasting friendships and partnerships. Balance this global camaraderie with expert speakers and experienced colleagues, and you have The Atlas Experience.
The Atlas Experience will focus on how Freedom Champions and think tanks communicate, collaborate, learn and lead — what freedom means and why it matters to all of us. Speakers from around the globe will share their ideas, creating a liberty-focused programme that surprises and inspires
The Atlas Experience will include
- A fast-paced, highly curated two-day program featuring discussions, demos, comedy, short talks, video interludes and other surprises
- Rich opportunities to connect with participants
- Excursions specially designed for The Atlas Experience participants
- Partner exhibits, tech demos, relaxation stations and other immersive on-site experiences
- Dynamic conversation breaks, where attendees and speakers delve into the ideas introduced during panels
- Online tools for connecting with other attendees, before and after the conference
Key Note speakers include:
Johan Norberg has an M.A. in the History of Ideas from Stockholm University and is a senior fellow at the Cato Institute in Washington DC and the European Centre for International Political Economy in Brussels. He a columnist for two Swedish newspapers and a frequent commentator on public affairs on television and on the radio. His many books include In Defense of Global Capitalism, for which he received Atlas’s Sir Antony Fisher Memorial Award, and, most recently, Financial Fiasco (2009). He has also produced several documentaries, including “Overdose: The Next Financial Crisis” and most recently “Free or Equal”, on the legacy of Milton Friedman. He is a recipient of the gold medal from the German Hayek Stiftung.
John C. Goodman, President and CEO of the National Center for Policy Analysis.
The Wall Street Journal and the National Journal, among other media, have called him the “Father of Health Savings Accounts.” He is also the Kellye Wright Fellow in health care. The mission of the Wright Fellowship is to promote a more patient-centered, consumer-driven health care system.
John Mackey, co-Founder and CEO of Whole Foods Market, Inc.
John Mackey is co-founder and CEO of Whole Foods Market, a $4.7 billion Fortune 500 company, and a “Fortune 100 Best Companies To Work For” every year since 1998. Whole Foods is one of the top 12 supermarket companies in America and the world’s largest natural foods retail chain. He was named the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year in 2003. Mr.Mackey is a strong believer in free market principles and empowerment management, and co-founded FLOW with Michael Strong to promote an integrated vision of entrepreneurship directed towards social good.
Speakers at previous Atlas events include
- The late, Milton Friedman
- Former prime minister of Spain, José María Aznar
- Former prime minister of Estonia, Mart Laar
- Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, George Will
- Author and political scientist, Charles Murray
- Fox Business Network host, John Stossel
- The late Sir John Templeton
- Former Chairman of BB&T Corporation, John Allison
- Peruvian economist, Hernando De Soto
- Former president of El Salvador, Francisco Flores
But inevitably the most exciting moments during The Atlas Experience are those you spend with names you don’t recognize: freedom champions who attend Atlas events to learn more effective ways to spread the principles that lead to peace, prosperity, and freedom for all.